January 9, 2010

Thanksgiving

Ok, so I lied. I said I wouldn't go back and reblog the last six months, but I've decided to do separate posts from a few specific events, in no particular order. I'm starting with Thanksgiving.

My mother-in-law was out of town for Thanksgiving this year, so we had Thanksgiving dinner at our house.
After a little drama involving the fried turkey, we had a great day with great food and lots of Giffords: Sean's brother Eric and Allison and their boys Gavin and Nolen, my father-in-law, John, grandmother-in-law Irene ("Mamaw Camper"), and cousins-in-law (is that a word?) Brad, Lindsey and their girls Alexis and Alyssa.

It wouldn't be a holiday if we didn't do something crafty, so we made Turkey cupcakes.
Kellen seems super excited about it, don't you think?
At least his cousin Gavin was stoked about his cupcake - it was totally milk-free so he could actually eat it!
Elliott, of course, could care less about the cupcakes; all she wanted was her "Bop Baw" (which is what she's named her Papaw John).
After our company left around 7, we made a first-ever Thanksgiving Day shopping trip. Because Sean and I were leaving for Europe on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, we had to squeeze in some Christmas shopping when we could, including Thanksgiving Day. And, of course, Kellen and I got up with the chickens - make that before the chickens - on Black Friday for our annual shopping trip. Here's a picture of Kellen with the clock as we were about to head out the door (yes, it says 4:49).
We didn't buy much (we never do), but we had a great time people watching!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails