March 11, 2013

Kellen is 15!

I know I'm a bit behind on blogging, but we've been busy down here, and our wifi is a little frustrating (to put it mildly).  But I'm constantly thinking of all the things I want to share with our family and friends, so I'm going to try to get caught up.

First up, Kellen's birthday!  Kellen is a valentine, as many of you know, and this year my sweet valentine turned 15!!! To celebrate, we took Kellen to Managua, about an hour away, for two simple things most teens take for granted (but LOVE): McDonald's and the mall.

Kellen was really happy to see his friend Ronald.

If you know Kellen at all, you know how thrilled he was
to be drinking sweet tea.  

The only thing Kellen likes more than sweet tea is Nutella.
The Santa Domingo mall in Managua has a crepe shop that
 makes A-MAZ-ING Nutella milkshakes.  Happy, happy
 birthday boy.  

We finished the night off at home with a birthday cake,
complete with candles.

I know every year I make some obligatory remark about how fast the time is going and how much Kellen is changing, but that may never have been more true than this year.  Looking back at pictures from a year ago, I barely recognize the kid.  He's taller than his mom and dad now, but his growth isn't just physical.  What a true treasure he is, and what a blessing it is to be his mom.  

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails