September 23, 2010

fall is yummy...

Last night after taking the boys for turns on the motorcycle, Sean came in the kitchen and said, "You know what I love about Fall?"  I totally expected him to say something about the biking weather, but he surprised me by saying, "You're always baking something and the house smells so good."  I have to agree with him - that's one of my favorite things about Fall, too.

This particular comment was prompted by these little pieces of heaven:

We're kind of pumpkin fanatics at our house.  When I'm not pregnant, I stalk Starbucks to make sure I'm there on THE day they begin serving the pumpkin spiced latte, and any version of a pumpkin pie is going to be a hit with me.   So to celebrate the first day of Fall, the boys and I made these pumpkin tartlets yesterday.  And they are, well, just wow.  I don't know what to say about them except holy cow.  Make them yourself - your mouth will LOVE you.  (Of course, this isn't a picture of ours.  I'm camera-less for the time being, having broken mine while we were in Disney, so this picture is from the recipe.  Remarkably, though, the ones we made look just as tasty - this is definitely a dessert you could serve a guest and be proud of.)  Happy Fall, y'all!!!

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Which reminds me... We need to schedule a BFF date for some Pumpkin Spice Lattes!

little giffords said...

Name the date Adrienne, and I am totally there!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so with you on the Pumpkin. I love it! Maybe's it's that they hold out on us all year and only serve it "seasonally," I dunno, but I love ANYTHING pumpkin. Have you ever had pumpkin ice cream? Divine!

Related Posts with Thumbnails