January 6, 2011

the waiting game

I've been away from the blog for a little while, but it's not because I've been busy having a baby.  We're still waiting for the arrival of little Cade!  It's crazy to think that I first went into labor at 30 weeks.  After all these weeks of pre-term labor and anxiety about him being a preemie, here we are now at 39 weeks and he's still not here.  I'm really not complaining. I think that down the road, we'll feel like the further his birthday is from the holidays, the better.   So I'm not really in any hurry for him to show up.   

Sean, on the other hand, is very concerned about how much of this snowboarding season he's missing.  He can't go until the baby's born because with my history, if he were even an hour away on the slopes when I went into labor, he'd probably miss the whole thing.  To make matters worse, Kellen and Wyatt got brand new snowboards, boots and bindings for Christmas which they're dying to try out.  So little Cade, unless you want your daddy and big brothers to be upset with you for making them miss ALL of this snowboard season, you probably ought to show up some time before February.  Ha!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails