February 28, 2010

Elliott's Barney Birthday Party

My baby girl turned 2 last week, and Saturday we had a Barney birthday party to celebrate. Here are a few pictures from our get together.


I was trying to get Elliott to model the dress I had made for her, but she was way more interested in opening her "pwesents".
Elliott's Aunt Allison embroidered the "I'm 2" on the front and I thought it turned out really cute.
And, of course, she was wearing her very favorite hot pink cowboy boots.

She appears to be really intently reading this card, but if you look closely, you'll see that it's upside down.

I think she was having a good time...
My parents snuck into town late Thursday night (after I was in bed!) and surprised us (well, not Sean). It was great having them here for Elliott's birthday party. Friday night my mom and I stayed up late making tutus for Elliott, and it was so much fun! Of course we made her an orange and blue one, and also a pink and purple one.

She LOVED them!

She also loved playing "Ring Around the Rosie" with her Mamaw,
cousin Alexis and her BFF Emma .

I won't even begin to tell you how long it took me to make this cake. There was a near melt down involved (I had made the Barney separately and frozen him - and he cracked into several pieces as I tried to put him on the cake about two hours pre-party), but it was all worth it when I showed it to Elliott. She was so excited and said "It BARNEY, Mommy!!!"

This is the look I get from Elliott when I tell her to smile. She's already got the fake "cheese" smile. Ugh.
The big girl blew out her candles all by herself.

The cake and icing were completely milk-free. As you can guess, Elliott doesn't eat a lot of chocolate since she can't have milk, but she was seriously digging this chocolate cake. She went after it with 2 forks at once.

After presents and cake, Elliott decided it was time to play with some of her new treasures. She put on her tutu and new "high heel" shoes and made Adrienne take her to find Emma, who had been playing with some of the other kids.

Emma put on one of Elliott's tutus, and they both put on the dress up hats Emma had gotten for Elliott. They always have so much fun playing in tutus together (it's their absolute favorite thing to do). Aren't they so sweet? They really do love each other!

They had a ton of fun jumping up and down in Elliott's bed, too.

Elliott really knows how to party - this is what birthday party hangover looks like on a 2-year-old.

Even when she's a mess I think she's adorable. Happy 2nd birthday, E!

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

She is always adorable! I can't believe our baby girls are two! Emma had a blast at the party! We love you Elliott!

Sonda said...

I know, I can't believe it either. But I also can't believe how much fun they are right now. Elliott's been bringing me the pink hat all day and asking me "Eemma come pway Mommy? Dat Eemma's hat." ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails