November 5, 2010

#4 update

 As many of you have heard by now, #4 hasn't been behaving too well lately.  Awe, that's not true.  He's being perfect, but his mommy is apparently trying to boot him out before he's ready.  Many of you have been praying for us, and many more of you are wondering just what in the heck is going on!  For those who care to know more, here's the nutshell.

Sean and I spent the night in St. Mary's Wednesday-Thursday where I had consistent contractions every 2-3 minutes all night long, even after multiple doses of Brethine.  Finally, a 4th injection got them to slow down to every 15 minutes or so, and we got to go home. 

But not for long.  A few hours after we got home, the frequency had ramped back up to every 5 minutes, and I was sent to UT hospital, the only one in our area capable of caring for a baby born at 30 weeks.  It was that reality (hearing my midwife say, "I'm sending you to the one place that can handle a 30-week preemie") that officially freaked us out.  While we were there, I once again had every 2-4-minute contractions.  The bad news is, they couldn't do anything to stop them.  The good news is, all the other indicators of preterm delivery are negative at this point.  

So here's where we are now:  we're home (thank God!) and I'm on bedrest.  I'm still having contractions, but they're only about every 10 minutes now (only - ha!).  And while I'm considered to be in "preterm labor," fortunately "preterm delivery" is not considered imminent.  And I'm no longer freaked out.  I feel all the prayers and support of friends and family, and really am trying to be good and sit still.  The boys are doing everything they can to help - they've been tidying the house this morning and Wyatt figured out how to use my Tassimo and made me a cup of decaf cappuccino.  Even Elliott is trying:  she's using a stool to get herself on and off the potty.  ;-)  And (hooray!!) mom and dad are coming to the rescue, and will be here this weekend.

In short, we're doing well, and are gonna try really hard to keep this little guy put for a few more weeks.  Just do me a favor, and no one do the math to figure out how many contractions I'd have if I have one every 10 minutes from now til January 15th.  I wouldn't want to freak out all over again.
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails