November 23, 2010

fun with [con]fractions!

 Thanks for the calls and emails of those who are checking in on us.  I haven't updated in a few days because (thankfully!) there isn't much news to report.  #4 is still cooking - and still nameless.  I'm 33 weeks now and had a negative fibronectin test Thursday, which means it's very likely I'll still be pregnant for at least the next 2 weeks.  Amazing to me, considering I was told at 30 weeks that I could deliver within 48 hours.  Thank God, and thank you all for the prayers. 

In the meantime, I keep having contractions, usually about every 10-15 minutes.  I think we're all sick of the word contraction around here.  We've even made up different words for them.  Kellen calls them "confractions" - a name he devised (not surprisingly) while we were doing math one day.  Elliott calls them "tractions," as in, when I can't do something she's asked me to do, "Mommy, you need to stop you tractions?"  "You tractions", not "your." And she asks in the sweetest little concerned voice.  Heartbreaking. 

So my tree isn't up like apparently everyone else's in the whole wide world, and we may put up only one this year instead of three like we usually do, but I'm still here and #4 is staying put.  We have even more to be thankful for this year than usual!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails