November 17, 2010

making the best of bedrest

We're almost 2 weeks into the bedrest sentence, and let's start with the good news:  I'm 32 weeks now.  Yay!  I suppose the idea of bedrest is appealing (lounging around, reading books, catching up on correspondence), but the reality is altogether different.  Still, we're making the best of it.  

My parents were here last week to help out, and, because we're not really sure what this holiday season will bring, Kellen wanted to get a jump on a favorite Christmas activity:  cookie making and decorating.  So on top of the laundry, cooking and cleaning that Grammy was doing, she made cookies with the boys.  Since the Christmas cookie-cutters are all in the attic (I hope - I actually have no idea where they are), they used our heart-shaped cutters to make all sorts of cute creations.

Recognize this blue one?  That was Kellen's Cookie Monster creation.  I *think* the red one was supposed to be Wyatt's attempt to make Elmo (can you tell their sister is into Sesame St?), but it turned out a little scary looking.


I'm also trying to use this time to get a jump on my Christmas shopping.  Online, of course.  If I don't make some headway, Sean has threatened to rent a wheelchair and wheel me around the mall and Toys R Us so he isn't stuck on Santa duty alone.  The kids made their annual Christmas wish lists - I love, love, love these.  Even Elliott made one this year.  Bet you can guess which one's hers.

And, since I have some time, I've been working on our Christmas stockings.  El hasn't had one which matches the rest of us since she came along two years ago, and with #4 on his merry way here, I figured it was time for a whole new set.  Six new stockings, coming right up!  They're in progress and pretty boring right now, but these things are gonna be A-DOR-ABLE.  Can't wait to post pics of the finished products. 

We've been doing our best to pass the time.  And I have to say how unbelievably grateful I am to all our family and friends for their help:  they've made meals, done my laundry, shuttled my kids around, and just kept me company on afternoons when I thought I might die of boredom.  We are so blessed by all your help, and are praying you get back (and then some!) all the kindness you've shown to us.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails