December 9, 2010

bedrest baby shower

What do you do when you can't go to the party?  You bring the party to you, of course!  

My sweet friends had planned a small soiree to help us welcome #4, but when it turned out I couldn't go, they were kind enough to relocate the festivities to our house.  It was great to see them - of course these days, I think it's great to see the mailman, the UPS delivery chick, or just about anybody.   I'm kidding.  Having friends around was a fantastic treat, and I was so blessed by all the sweet baby boy stuff they brought.  

The awesome burp cloths (which have a matching blanket), that my sister-in-law Allison made.  She's very talented, no?

Had to stop opening for a second in order to have a contraction...

Definitely Kellen and Wyatt's favorite gift.  No big surprise, considering what Beatles fanatics we are.

Me, a giant belly, and a bunch of baby boy loot.

My nephew Cohen (or "Baby Brudder," as Elliott calls him) had fun entertaining all the ladies.

I was surprised by how many pictures there were like this - who was taking all these contraction pictures?!?

I LOVED this cake.  It looked great and tasted greater.

See - I actually did get off my butt for a few minutes!!

Sweet Ava hanging out with Cohen - aren't they so cute?!
Special thank you's are in order for Adrienne, Allison and Kristina for their hard work in putting this together - you girls are the greatest!  Now we're pretty much ready for #4 to arrive.  Um... no rush though, #4.  You hang tight a few more weeks, 'kay?


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails