February 15, 2011

the big 1-3 (or... how in the world did my baby get so big?)

The sweetest of sweet hearts, my forever Valentine, turned 13 this Valentine's Day!  How did that happen?  Kellen, you were the one who made me a mommy, and I thought nothing could make me happier.  But I was wrong.  Seeing the man you are becoming has given me more joy than I could have ever thought possible.  You make me proud every day.

Here are a few pics of my funny Valentine when he was little. 




  I know it's cliche to say time flies by, but having a newborn around to compare to my giant teenager makes it easy to see just how much he's grown.  It makes it easy to remember waking up with my newborn Kellen half a dozen times a night, and how I wished that those days would hurry up and pass.  Lesson learned - like they say, be careful what you wish for.  I'd never wish again for a single day with him to hurry up.  I love you, Kellen!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails