February 29, 2012

Happy Number 4!

Our little princess turned 4 on Saturday!  We didn't have a party for her this year, and it's a good thing we hadn't planned one, because mommy was feeling pretty awful that day.  I think Elliott even felt sorry for me, because after talking about her heart-shaped birthday pancakes for a couple days leading up to the big day, on the morning of her birthday she decided she didn't want them.  She wanted Fruit Loops instead.  Poor babe.  But Fruit Loops are a rare thing in our house, and she was perfectly happy with them!  

We were blessed with a beautiful day, and the one thing she asked for, like a million times, was to "please, PLEASE, please run barefoot in the grass."  Those were her exact words.  Over and over.  So we went outside, she took off her boots, and ran around in the grass with all the glee of a little girl reunited with her best friend (which, I suppose, the grass is.  She is such an outside girl.).

Her other best friend, Emma, did come over that afternoon to bring her a present and play for a bit.  
 Don't ask me what she's wearing or what's up with her hair.  This was her fourth or tenth outfit of the day, and I was beyond the point where I could care.  I told you I was sick.  That was a birthday bonus for her:  she got to wear what she wanted (which apparently took some deliberating - her room looked post-apocolyptic), and I didn't fuss with her hair once all day.  

Since I didn't take many pictures of her on her actual day, I thought I'd put a few random Elliott pictures here.  














 

We love you so much, you crazy, sweet, happy girl!!













No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails