February 2, 2012

it's a...

We're halfway through our journey to meet Baby "Cinco."  Today we had our anatomy scan ultrasound where we learned that Baby Cinco is......

 A BOY!

Miss Elliott will remain the reigning Princess Gifford.  She was pretty disappointed with the news, but I don't think it'll be long before she realizes how sweet it is to be the only girl.  Especially with four brothers to look after her! 

I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy is going, especially considering that I was pretty miserable for about 12 weeks.  Maybe it has something to do with the fact that 20 weeks is a drop in the bucket compared to the 177 weeks of my life that I've now spent carrying children (Kellen - 39, Wyatt - 38, Elliott - 40, Cade - 40 and Cinco - 20).  Or maybe it's because the four who are already here are so full of life that I don't have a whole lot of time to ponder the fact that I'm actually pregnant.  I do know that the second half won't go as quickly as the first, especially since I won't have the holidays to keep me busy towards the end like I have with my January and February babies. 

Any way you look at it, we are so excited to meet Baby Cinco.  Now we just have to come up with a name for the guy.  Considering how long it took us to name Cade, we could be in trouble.  Maybe we ought to just go ahead and name him Delia (that's the name we had picked out for a girl).  I'm sure he'd forgive us, right?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails