July 24, 2010

death by vacation...

That which doesn't kill you....
comes awfully darn close sometimes. 

Probably the 3 or 4 of you who stop by here regularly have noticed that I've been away from my blog for a little while.  We're in the middle of what might be the craziest Gifford month on record (and there has been plenty of competition).  I blogged recently that my parents stopped by a couple weekends ago, and when they headed out, so did we - to sunny Florida to see some college friends and Sean's sister and her family.  (Lots of pics of that great trip in a separate post - and by the way, the beaches of South Walton were great!  Ne'ery a tar ball in sight!)

After a week at "home" on the beautiful gulf coast, we headed back to Knoxville to hang with my brother and his wife and kids who were spending a week of vacation at Casa de Gifford.  We boated til dark, took a 7-mile hike, and hit Splash Country from open to just about close.  (Again - more pics of our super-fun week in a separate post!)

We said our goodbyes to the Kanes yesterday, and today we head for a week in Myrtle Beach with the whole Gifford clan.  Looks like I hit the 2nd trimester (and accompanying relief from prego fatigue) just in time!  Still, I'm really not sure how much more I can take...  I guess it really is possible to have too much of a good thing!


1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Oh to be a Gifford.... Hope you are able to relax a little on this next vacation! Miss you! Hope you can find time for your me in between your next vacations. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails