July 6, 2010

hamburgers, hot dogs and cupcakes... mmmmmm.

Our ladies' bible study had a July 5th cookout, and I was responsible for bringing dessert.  Since it was a hamburger and hot dog kind of event, I thought I'd make these cute little cupcakes.   I found them on the Disney Family Fun Website and have made them before -  they're pretty easy actually!
The best part is that everything on it is edible:  the hot dogs are rolled up caramels inside circus peanuts and topped with yellow icing, and the hamburgers are vanilla wafers with grasshopper cookies, red and yellow icing, and sesame seeds (which stick by brushing a little orange juice concentrate on top of the wafer).  Here's a completely superfluous plug for Disney FamilyFun: I get cupcake and craft ideas from there for every single holiday, and everything I've ever made from that site has turned out great.  If you're the crafty type, check it out!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

These are the cutest cupcakes I've ever seen!

Related Posts with Thumbnails